Getting Nvidia binary driver working with Fedora Core 1
- You will need a install of Fedora Core 1 and the development utilites.
- Download the driver from Nvidia and
the readme file.
- Exit out of all Xsessions.
- Go to a text login by pressing Cntl-Alt-F1
- Log in as root (from here on out everything will need to be done as root)
- Put the machine into run level 3 by running this:
- Change to the directory that you downloaded the nvidia driver file in.
- Run the following command:
sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run --with-this-kernel
Awnser the questions that this will ask and wait
- You should now have a file with a similar name but with -custom in it.
You will need to run the next command:
This will now install the drivers.
- Follow the directons in the README file for modifiying your X
- Once you are done with the X configuration, run the following to start
(If you don't run in init 5 you may skip this and just run startx)